Sulphur Creek Birthday Parties
Birthday Parties at Sulphur Creek Nature Center
Choose from four different parties that feature a variety of activities including a presentation of live animals, games, crafts, and a nature hike. All birthday parties are designed for 20 children or less, plus their families. Each animal presentation is one hour long and can be modified to suit your needs. A special photo of the birthday person with one of the animals is included. In addition, a party area will be reserved for an additional two hours for your own activities. The party area will depend on the time of year and Mother Nature.
Reserving the Classroom, Picnic Tables & Barbecue Pit
- For reservations please call our birthday coordinator, Christine Wolf, at her home office (510) 483-2866 or contact us via email.
- From June through September, four picnic tables and a barbecue pit will be reserved from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 12 to 3 p.m., or from 2 to 5 p.m.
- From October through May the classroom will be reserved from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., or 2 to 5 p.m., furnished with tables and chairs, but you can choose an outdoor site if weather permits
- The classroom can accommodate up to 30 people. Reservations are recommended at least 8 weeks in advance. Or, we can bring the party to your home or classroom.
There is a fee of $200 for residents of Hayward, Castro Valley and San Lorenzo; $250 for non-residents. Face painting is available during your party for 1 hour for an additional fee of $60 for residents and $75 for non-residents.
Critter Time Party (Ages 1 to 12)
Meet three animals of your choice at circle time, and then make an animal craft project
Animal Adventure Party (Ages 2 to 12)
Meet two animals of your choice inside, do a craft activity and play a game, or watch a puppet show.
Nature Explorer Party (Ages 4 to Adult)
Meet two animals of your choice inside. Afterwards search for animal clues while exploring the nature trail, weather permitting. In poor weather, play animal games and do a craft activity instead.
Wild Things Party (Ages 1 to Adult)
Meet four animals of your choice up close and personal inside, and learn all about their intriguing adaptations.
Birthday Party Animal Options
- Touchable Animals are indicated by an asterisk *.
- Animals that may eat nuts as part of their diet are underlined for your information in case you have children with nut allergies.
- Please note that in some instances, an animal may not be available due to other program use or sickness.