San Lorenzo Creekway
Building Equitable Active Transportation in Alameda County
HARD and ACFCD invite you to share your thoughts on the San Lorenzo Creekway!
The San Lorenzo Creekway will be a multi-use path for walking and biking, connecting communities in San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Ashland, Cherryland, Hayward, and Castro Valley! We want to create a path that achieves your priorities and your participation can make it happen.
San Lorenzo Creekway – Extended Community Engagement Announcement
The San Lorenzo Creekway project team is excited to announce additions to the community engagement schedule! The CTC has announced an extension to the 2020 ATP grant application deadline from June 15th to September 15th, and with that extension, the project team has adapted the master plan and community engagement schedule to accommodate more time for feedback and participation. In addition to the events already announced, the Online Survey will remain open for responses through July 15th, and an additional Community Meeting has been added to the schedule. Please see the Project Schedule on the website for the latest information on dates and RSVP links. Many of the community events will be held online – so make sure to RSVP in order to receive Zoom meeting invite details.
SPECIAL REMINDER: Every individual member of a household is eligible to take the survey! We want and welcome school age children through seniors to take the survey. STUDENTS ESPECIALLY, WE NEED YOU! Even if someone in your house has already taken it, this is like YOUR opportunity to “vote” for the project by completing the survey.
Upcoming Project Schedule:
- English Survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P3M9VJQ)
- Encuesta española (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3D73CV7)
- 中文调查 (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WCYCTB7)
• Stakeholder Meeting #1: March 31, 2020
• Virtual Community Workshop # 1: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 7pm - If you missed it, check out a PDF: SLZ Creekway Virtual Community Workshop #1 and a video recording ( of the presentation! A transcript of the Spanish translation is also available here ( )Click here ).
• Virtual Coffee Chat: Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 10am – This was a recap of Community Workshop #1, please see the slides above. Thanks for joining us!
• Stakeholder Committee Meeting #2: June 3, 2020
• Virtual Community Workshop #2: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 7pm - If you missed it, check out a PDF: SLZ Creekway Virtual Community Workshop #2
Virtual Site Tour and Engagement with Schools:
Introducing our two new high school student Youth Ambassadors: Lorenzo Gonzalez & Diana Venegas!
Meet Lorenzo Gonzalez:
" My name is Lorenzo Gonzalez and I am currently a senior at Arroyo High School. I am a student athlete and am on my third year serving in the Youth Advisory Commission for the city of San Leandro. I have a passion to continue doing well as a student while playing sports and being involved in extra activities. My goal is to attend a four year college that will focus on my studies to become a mechanical engineer. I am very excited to be a part of the San Lorenzo Creekway project and sharing my ideas to making this a positive impact to the community.
Meet Diana Venegas:
"Hello my name is Diana Venegas and I am eighteen years old. I’m heading to Humboldt State in the fall. I love volunteering, plants, photography, painting, and embroidery. I am a major nature fan. And, I am so excited to be able to be a Youth Ambassador for this project."
Learn more by following Lorenzo and Diana on their San Lorenzo Creekway Ambassador InstagramAccount!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Thank you for your questions about the San Lorenzo Creekway Project! We’ve compiled responses to frequently asked questions here: San Lorenzo Creekway FAQs
• Project Manager: Michael C. Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org / (510) 888-0119
• Sign up to receive project-related emails here: http://eepurl.com/g0Y3rD