- Measure F1
- Community Outreach
- Mateo Street Project
Mateo Street Project
A New Park for Ashland
The Hayward Area Recreation & Park District (H.A.R.D.) and the Trust for Public Land (TPL) are planning a new park for the Ashland community, on Mateo Street near 162nd Ave.
While the Ashland community is served by other parks in the area, including Edendale Park, Jack Holland Park, Ashland Community Center Park, and a future H.A.R.D. park called Ashland Common at East 14th Street – the neighborhood needs more park and open space.
The new park will be about 1.4 acres in size. It will be slightly larger than Jack Holland Park or Edendale Park.
• Mateo Street Park project is awarded a Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Grant (Prop 68) in the amount of $7M for design and construction!
The demolition work is the first step of the future park development at 16037-16097 Mateo Street. The demolition work will start in March and end in April 2023.
Mateo Demolition Project Notification Link The actual park construction is anticipated to start in 2025 and complete in 2026.
• Mateo Street Park Public Review Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) Link here
• Past Events and Presentations:
Online Survey Results Community:
Presentation of the Preferred Design:
- H.A.R.D. Board Study Session: Tuesday January 19, 2021 at 4:30PM-6:00PM
If you missed it, check out : Mateo Street Park Preferred Concept Presentation
Concept Design Options :
If you missed it, check out : Mateo Street Park_Design Options Presentation
- Community Workshop: Saturday October 24, 2020 at 1:00PM
- SLZUSD Health & Wellness Committee: Thursday October 29, 2020 at 3:00PM-4:15PM
- Eden MAC Public Meeting: Tuesday November 10, 2020 at 6:00PM
Frequently Asked Questions: Link here
Project Contact: Hai-Ping Mo, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org